The University of Michigan – Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine will be hosting the 3rd Annual Enrichment Symposium
April 18, 2017 from 7:00a – 5:00p
Location: The Kensington Hotel, 3500 S. State St, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Co-hosted by the Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine (ULAM) Animal Enrichment Committee and the Michigan Society for Medical Research (MISMR), the Science of Enrichment Symposium will be held on Wednesday, April 18 from 8:00 AM* – 5:00 PM at The Kensington Hotel in Ann Arbor. Now in its third year, the symposium is a day-long event designed to engage laboratory animal staff and research investigators in the science of environmental enrichment for animals used in biomedical research.
The Symposium will focus on evidence-based recommendations for enrichment best practice(s) and features speakers from academia, government, and industry with expertise in rodent, zebrafish, and non-human primate enrichment.
* Event registration opens at 7:00 AM. The Symposium begins at 8:00 AM.
There is a $30 registration fee for this event, which includes a continental breakfast and boxed lunch. Space is limited, so if you are interested in attending, you are strongly encouraged to register soon .
- Chieh Chen, PhD, University of Michigan – will discuss the effects of enrichment on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in rodents
- Jamie Ahloy Dallaire, PhD, Stanford University – will discuss home cage behavioral testing in rodents
- John Capitanio, PhD, California National Primate Research Center – will discuss non-human primate temperament and responses to stress
- Judith Stella, PhD, APHIS Center for Animal Welfare – will discuss enrichment in caged cats
- Ryan Colburn, DVM, The John Ball Zoo – will discuss enrichment in captive wild animals
- Lauren Krueger, DVM, University of Michigan – will discuss enrichment preferences of zebrafish
Free parking is available on-site at The Kensington Hotel, with overflow parking available in the adjacent Briarwood Mall parking lot.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact ULAM Faculty Veterinarian Tara Martin, DVM, at firstname.lastname@example.org.